July 09, 2014

OOTD - Country Music Festival

Hello lovelies!

So this past Sunday night I went to see Lady Antebellum at Bluesfest with some friends, and they were absolutely amazing!  I've been having so much fun dressing up for all the different concerts this past week, so I thought I'd share the country-inspired outfit that I wore that night with you all. 
 
Shop: dress // boots (old) similar

Since it was a night filled with country music, I wanted to bring some cowgirl inspiration into my outfit.  It was way too hot for plaid and jeans, so I chose to wear this little blue floral-patterned sundress from Garage and paired it with some cowboy ankle booties.



I decided to go for some T-Swift circa 2006 hair, because nothing says country more than big, messy curls.  To create the look, I used my 1-inch Conair Infinity curling wand, taking one inch-wide sections, wrapping them away from my face, and holding each piece for about 10 seconds.  Once my whole head was curled, I gently shook out the curls by finger-combing them a bit to make them more voluminous and less Shirley Temple.  
Shop: vest

I also threw on my denim vest to complete this country-insprired look.
There are tens of thousands of people each night at Bluesfest, so it's pretty difficult to get a good view of the stage.  Luckily for us, we got there pretty early and managed to get a really good spot.  I was so excited because for once I could actually see the performers' faces without having to watch from the big screens at the back of the crowd!  Country concerts are usually pretty mellow, but Lady Antebellum brought such amazing energy and really put on a show that night.  I've always been a fan of their music, and after seeing them perform live I just love them so much more.  They even gave us a sneak peak of a song from their new album coming out this fall, which I'll definitely be buying!

Have you been to any fun concerts or music festivals this summer?


Signature

6 comments:

  1. how cute! your hair is gorgeous *heart eyes*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah you're too sweet, thanks girlie! :)

      Delete
  2. So cute! I love country music!

    Nohea
    www.stylebynohea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nohea! I've checked out your blog, it's gorgeous! Following now :) xx

      Delete
  3. Wao, that looks like an amazing concert! And I love the country vibe of your outfit, you look SO cute!

    www.thejoyoffashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie! :) It was definitely one of the best concerts I've been to! xx

      Delete