July 17, 2014

L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation Review

After several failed attempts, I think I have finally found the perfect summer foundation.  I picked this little beauty up out on a whim a couple of weeks ago when I took a trip to my local drugstore in need of foundation, but they were all out of my shade in my go-to Covergirl Outlast foundation.  I've been meaning to try this product out since hearing mostly positive reviews when it first came out sometime last year, so I decided that this was the perfect time to switch things up a bit and finally try it out for myself.  I went with the shade 310 in 'Light Ivory'.

The formulation is very thin and must be shaken well before applied to incorporate all the ingredients, or else you'll be left with a watery mess all over your hands (I may or may have not skipped reading the instructions on the back of the bottle before applying...).  Because of the water-like consistency of this foundation, it works best when applied with your fingers and actually tends to look streaky and messy when applied with a brush or sponge.  I prefer to blend in my foundation with my fingers anyway, because I find that's how I can achieve the most natural-looking finish.  The blendability of this foundation is truly amazing; it effortlessly smoothes into my skin without looking cakey or settling into any fine lines or pores.  I can see how they went with the name "Magic Nude", because it truly doesn't look or feel like I'm wearing much makeup at all when I use this foundation, yet it somehow stills manages to conceal any redness in my complexion.  I actually found that I'm not needing as much concealer on any problem areas after applying this foundation because it does that great of a job concealing them.  It's definitely a lightweight coverage,  but I like that I can easily build it up to a medium-coverage foundation if I apply a thin second layer.  
The finish is a beautiful matte, almost velvet-like texture that looks really natural on the skin.  Since it's not at all greasy or dewy, you could probably skip applying a powder overtop, but I do anyways just to ensure that I stay shine-free all day.  I've worn this foundation almost everyday since purchasing it, and I've found that it wears really nicely throughout the day.  It doesn't oxidize or settle, and I hardly find that I need much touch-up besides a bit of powder after a full day of wear.

The only negative thing I have to say about this product is that application can get a little bit messy sometimes since it tends to pour out quite fast out of the large opening in the bottle.  A pump applicator would probably work much better to minimize any potential mess.  The price is also quite high for a drugstore foundation, at almost $18CAD.  However, I think it's a fair price for such a high-quality foundation. 
Pros:
  • Super blendable
  • Buildable coverage
  • Natural, matte finish
  • Long lasting
  • Doesn't oxidize or settle into the skin
Cons:
  • Poor packaging design
  • Pricey for a drugstore foundation ($18 CAD)
For those of you wondering if this foundation will work well with your skin type, I have a normal-to-dry complexion.  And while I don't suffer from anything more than the occasional zit, I do tend to have quite a bit of redness along my t-zone, and I found that the formulation of the L'Oreal Magic Nude worked really well with my skin type.

Overall, I'd say that I'm really pleased with this product and I'll definitely be re-purchasing once I'm out.  It's the ideal summer face product for me because it provides great coverage in a super light-weight formula, while also being able to withstand hours in the heat and humidity. 

Have you tried the L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation?  I'd love to hear your thoughts!


Signature

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I definitely would recommend it! :) I checked out your blog, your style posts are lovely! Following now on Bloglovin xx

      Delete
  2. im glad you did this because i wasnt sure if i should make the purchase, but i think i will! i've been looking for a lightweight foundation since its soooo hot where i live in the summertime haha :) thanks! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem girlie! Glad I could help! :) xx

      Delete
  3. It looks really good, I might buy it myself as I don't really have a good foundation for summer.

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete